- 320 MByte/second throughput
- Multimode LVD/MSE/SE
- 32-or 64-bit (up to 133 Mhz)
DMA bus master PCI, PCI-X
- Supports SCSI-1, Fast SCSI, Ultra, Ultra2, Ultra3 (U160), Ultra4 (U320)
- Auto Termination
- SureLINK™, LVDlink™, TolerANT™
- Supports SCSI Boot Drive
The P79320 is a very easy-to-install SCSI solution. Complete software tools are provided and there are no jumpers or switches to set for a standard installation. The termination programming is automatic. The P79320 features seamless backward compatibility with Asynchronous, Slow, Fast, Ultra, Wide Ultra, Ultra2 and Ultra3 devices.
Your satisfaction is assured by Paralan - the world's #1 choice for SCSI enhancement products.
High-performance, 320 MBytes/s Host Bus Adapter, ideal for high-end workstations, servers, and power users. Features seamless backward compatibility with Asynchronous, Slow, Fast, Ultra, Wide Ultra, Ultra2 and Ultra3 devices.
The P79320 incorporates the LSI 53C1020 controller which provides many benefits including:
is the control for Ultra320 SCSI Domain Validation manageability enhancements in the LSI 53C1020. This is the very latest SCSI interconnect management solution. It verifies that the system is capable of transferring data at Ultra320 speeds, allowing it to negotiate to lower speed and bus width if necessary.
The P79320 supports LVD, a signaling technology that increases reliability of SCSI data transfers over longer distances than are supported by Single-ended (SE) SCSI. The low power requirement of LVD allows the I/0 transceivers to be integrated directly onto the ASIC. LVDlink™ technology lowers the amplitude of noise reflections and allows higher transmission speeds. LVD provides a long-term migration path to even faster SCSI transfer rates without compromising signal integrity, cable length, or connectivity.
TolerANT™ technology includes active negation on the SCSI drivers and input signal filtering on the SCSI receivers.
The benefits of TolerANT™ technology include increased noise immunity when the signal transitions to HIGH, better performance due to balanced duty cycles, and improved SCSI transfer rates.
The Paralan Host Bus Adapter (HBA) includes three LEDs on the board to provide system information. The "Bus Activity" LED blinks with bus activity. This can often be used along with LEDs on drives or SCSI expanders to diagnose the location of a problem. This LED includes header pins that may be used to power a remote LED.
The HBA Terminator Status LED illuminates when the terminator on the HBA is enabled. This provides the user information on correct termination of the SCSI bus.
The HBA Board Status LED provides an indication of the status of the HBA. When the board is working correctly this LED blinks on/off on a 1 to 2 second cycle. If the board detects a problem this LED blinks a series of long and short pulses. If the LED does not blink at all, it has detected a major problem.
Software downloads for the Ultra320 SCSI Host Adapter.
PDF version of this data sheet.
OEM Custom Inquiries Welcome
- Parallel data transmission rate (sustained): 320 Mbytes/sec (16 bit)
- SCSI Devices Supported: 16
- 32- or 64-bit PCI DMA bus master (up to 133 MHz)
- Single Channel:
- Multimode LVD/MSE interface supports LVD (up to Ultra320) or Single-Ended (up to Ultra)
- 68-pin High-Density (Alt 3, "P" Connector) internal and external
- Automatic or Manual
- Regulatory Compliance:
- CE, FCC class B
- 5 V dc � 5% @ 3A from PCI bus
- If the PCI bus has 3.3v available, the P79320 will use it in order to improve efficiency.
- Operating Temperature:
- Storage Temperature:
- -25� to +75�C
- Relative Humidity: 5-95% non-condensing
- 0.25 lbs (0.1kg); 2 lbs. (1kg) shipping
- 7.00 inches x 4.25 inches (17.8 cm x 10.8 cm) Short PCI Board
- Device Support:
- OBDR (tape booting) and bootable CD-ROM
- General Characteristics:
- Data Protection:
- CRC and AIP
- Domain Validation Management
- 500,000 Hours
- Term Power Manager:
- Auto Resetting integrated circuit breaker with thermal shut down
- Status LEDs:
- Bus Activity, HBA Terminator Status, HBA Board Status
- PCI 2.2, PCI-X Addendum 1.0a
- Install, Flash, SCSI format, BIOS configuration, and NT configuration
- Five Years
For complete dimensions see outline drawing.
~ Product specifications subject to change without notice ~
WINDOWS NT � 4.0, SP4 and above, 2000, 2000 SP1, Server 2003 and XP PRO
SUN SOLARIS � versions 2.7 and greater, Open Boot PROM version 3.0 and greater
SOLARIS � x86 versions 2.6, 2.7 and 2.8
LINUX � 2.2, 2.4 and 2.6 kernels
UNIXWARE � 7.1.x
OPEN UNIX 8
SCO UNIX � 5.x
||Ultra320 Single channel LVD/MSE SCSI Host Bus Adapter for PCI bus.
Includes CD, 5 connector ribbon cable, terminator, User Manual and Quick Start Guide.
Purchase now from Paralan Store
||Ultra320 Single channel LVD/MSE SCSI Host Bus Adapter for PCI bus.|
Includes Quick Start Guide only.
Purchase now from Paralan Store
||For quantity purchases contact Paralan|