The Paralan Model EB1 Expander Box is a 1U (1.75 inch) tall enclosure that may be used as a desktop housing for Paralan's family of SCSI Bus Expanders or may be mounted in a 19 inch rack with the optional rack mount adapters.
The Model EB1 includes positions for mounting and powering up to three SCSI expanders, which may all be the same or may have a different type of expander in each postion. All I/O connectors and the connector for the power cord are on one side of the box. Each expander has a "Power" and an "Activity" LED. All expanders are powered by one internal auto-ranging line voltage operated power supply. The power supply has an IEC line voltage power connector and includes an on-off switch.
(The height of this drawing is not proportional to its width)
PDF version of this data sheet.
For complete information on these expanders, see the appropriate Web page (click on link below). Other Paralan expanders are available on special order. See diagram for (rear view) connector location.
Other Paralan expanders are available on special order:
- The Paralan SCSI Expander Box is designed to operate in an office environment with limited capacity for heating and air conditioning. The environmental limits are:
- Temperature Range:
- Operating: 0 to +50 C (32 to 122°F)
Storage: -25 to +75C (-13 to 167°F)
- Humidity Range:
- Operating: 5 to 90% RH
Storage: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- All Metal
- SCSI Connectors:
- Wide: 68-pin High-Density female Alt 3, "P" Connector
- Narrow: 50-pin High-Density female Alt 1, "A" Connector
- Maximum Power Requirements: 40 Watts
- Line Voltage: 90 to 264 VAC, 47/63 Hz Auto-Ranging
- UL, CE, CSA
- FCC Class B, CE
- 16.73 x 10.0 x 1.72 (425 x 254 x 43.7 mm)
- Vertical Rack Space 1U (1.75 inches, 44.5 mm)
- Rear Panel PDF Drawing with Full Dimensions
- 11 lbs (5 kg)
- 18 lbs (8.2 kg) shipping
Make a selection from each column
On special orders other Paralan Expanders may be installed.
- Example 1:
- Rackmount Enclosure with MH33A Wide LVD/MSE to HVD Converter in all three positions
Model No. EB1-AAA-R
- Example 2:
- Tabletop Enclosure with MH33A Wide LVD/MSE to HVD Converter in position 1, no expander in position 2, and MM17 Wide LVD/MSE to LVD/MSE Expander in position 3
Model No. EB1-A0C-T
- 1. The EB1 comes assembled and wired with the selected boards installed.
- 2. A six foot North American grounded cordset (NEMA 5-15) is included in shipments to destinations in North America and Japan. Other destinations receive no cordset.